LCR Embedded Systems, Inc. is looking for an experienced and dynamic Quality leader to join its team as the Head of Quality for its Embedded Systems products.
Reporting to the President of LCR and functionally to the Operations Manager, the Quality Manager will develop, adapt and execute the quality strategy for LCR, and help drive the organization to achieve key business objectives.
The Quality Manager is responsible and accountable for management of the Quality Management System to include: 1) ensuring the system is regularly reviewed with a focus on continual improvement; 2) assuring strict regulatory compliance of all applicable systems and elements; and 3) ensuring the Quality Management System is being driven through all levels of the organization. This position is responsible for the daily oversight and management of the quality inspection activities (manufacturing quality and test record verifications) and the Configuration Management/Documentation Control (CM/DC) activities in support of the engineering and manufacturing/assembly areas.
The Quality Manager will lead the corporation to achieve a high set of metrics. A key component of the position will be to work closely with Operations, Engineering, and Application teams to ensure customer requirements are understood and met. S/he will support business growth and operational improvement initiatives by ensuring the appropriate quality processes are in place and are effective to meet customer needs and regulatory requirements.
The Quality Manager will partner with the leadership team and the functional leaders across the business to drive a culture of learning, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
If you would like to be a member of our team, please review the following open positions and, if you are qualified, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to include the Job Title in the subject line.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Be innovative, knowledgeable and intensely committed to ensure that every product and service we supply conforms to our customers Quality Systems and metrics;
- Create long-term road-maps and drive improvements in Operational quality performance to enhance the customer experience and to reduce the Cost of Poor Quality. Review quality processes and drive changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Manage the Documentation Control (DC) activity in support of engineering and manufacturing/assembly;
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization;
- Maintain a constant awareness of the impact of quality related issues on company profitability;
- Assess contractual quality requirements;
- Own leadership and guidance to internal Quality personnel on matters such as compliance, industry best practices, and the impact to the business of changes in the external quality change;
- Ensure appropriate leading Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are in place and are reacted to in a timely manner;
- Ensure quality procedures and protocol are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product issues are investigated if necessary;
- Collate and analyze performance data against defined parameters;
- Write technical and management system reports;
- Supervise the internal audit process;
- Prepare clear explanatory documents such as customers’ charters;
- Act as key contact with customers’ auditors and be responsible for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers’ specifications;
- Manage personnel to develop talent and enhance engagement in an effort to improve business performance. Lead the development of a strong customer-focused culture throughout the quality organization;
- As required by the business, participate in business-related projects ensuring the requirements of Quality are understood and considered when establishing strategy or planning/completing execution; and
- Ensure that LCR has the best in class quality systems and processes to meet the current business needs, and is prepared for the future business needs.
- BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the quality department of a manufacturing-based organization;
- 3 – 5 years’ people management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge of ISO 9001, Documentation Control (DC) and Quality Management System and Regulations;
- Must be able to make decisions quickly and concisely and be able to execute decisions appropriately;
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- U.S. Citizenship required;
- Prior experience working in the embedded systems environment. Strong understanding of quality and regulatory requirements of the business and its customers;
- Ability to lead in a high pace environment – self-starter with a high sense of urgency;
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills – ability to execute on priorities and effectively meet milestones;
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels within the organization both written and verbal;
- Intellectually curious and humble leader with a demonstrated ability to lead effectively with other departments, stakeholders, and functions and across the organization; and
- Strong analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
LCR Embedded Systems in an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, we make all of our employment decisions based upon merit, qualifications, abilities, and an individual’s conduct and performance. LCR Embedded Systems will not make any of our decisions about nor discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, (including pregnancy), gender (including gender conformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.