Part of our AoC3u-600 Series of rugged packaging solutions, the AoC3U-610 is an ATR chassis designed to maintain safe operating temperatures for high power 3U VPX and SOSA aligned conduction cooled systems. The chassis combines forced air with conduction cooling to dramatically increase thermal management capacity while leveraging readily available VITA 48.2 plug in modules.
High performance fans channel air through the chassis side walls in a direction perpendicular to the wedge locks. Chassis side walls contain cooling heatsinks and fans which supply adequate pressure and flow rate while isolating the modules from direct air contact.
All LCR chassis are available with standard or custom backplanes developed in accordance with your application data flow requirements and can support 1000BASE-BX, 1000BASE-KX, 10GBASE-KX4, 10GBASE-KR, or 40GBASE-KR4 signal speeds as well as VITA 66 and 67 Optical and RF apertures. Designed with plug-in power supplies in mind, AoC3U-600 backplanes may include 1 or 2 VITA 62 power supply slots in addition to the 6 or 5 module slots respectively. Custom I/O panels are also part of the design and include the layout and connector options necessary to suit high speed copper, RF and optical I/O as well as lower speed signals.
The AoC3U-610 reflects design practices in use across the LCR family of proven ATR chassis designed to meet a range of MIL-STD-810, MILSTD-461, and MIL-S-901D.
Also consider LCR for system integration services and environmental testing.
- Custom topologies supporting your payload module profiles
- Support for 1000BASE-BX, 1000BASE-KX, 10GBASE-KX4, 10GBASE-KR, or 40GBASE-KR4
- Up to 6 slots with VITA 66 and 67 Optical and RF aperture options
- Conduction cooled with forced air assist
- Cooling for aggregate payload power approaching 550W
- Side walls form enclosed air chambers isolated from the modules
- Concentrated air flow runs co-planar to heat sink fins
- 1 or 2 VITA 62 pluggable power supply slots, up to 1400W
- MIL-STD-704E, MIL-STD-1275
- 7.75” H (w/ optional .25” mounting feet) 6″ (W) x 11.65″ (D) (13.375″ w/ Handle)
- Weight: Approximately 28lbs. payload dependent
- Application driven custom I/O panels with MIL-STD connectors
- VITA 48.2 conductive cooling with air assist
- Designed to meet a variety of MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-167 and MIL-S-901D methods
Read the article Bridging the Cooling Gap in High-Speed Embedded Systems
Watch the webinar Driving the Heat Out of Embedded Military Systems