Our customers must operate in a world of ever-increasing complexity and budgetary pressures, and LCR Embedded Systems is committed to a sustained, structured, companywide Continuous Improvement Initiative as a means of ensuring that our design, management, integration, and manufacturing capabilities continue to stay ahead of customer requirements.
Our Continuous Improvement Initiative is team-based and driven by our Leadership Team, Steering Committee, and the individual project-based Project Teams.
- Leadership Team: Reconciles the CI Initiative to the company vision, purpose, and corporate goals, and defines the authority and boundaries for the Steering Committee and Project Teams.
- Steering Committee:
- Provides direction to the Project Teams in terms of scope, boundaries, responsibilities;
- Sets the number and priority of CI Projects;
- Reviews and approves recommendations;
- Ensures that CI Projects are meeting the intent, spirit, and direction set by the Leadership Team; and
- Assigns and trains the Project Teams.
- Project Teams: Plans and implements individual CI projects, and is comprised of the most knowledgeable stakeholders (across all levels and functions) in the various workflows, with a vested interest in success.
The CI Projects are documented and recorded in concert with AS9100 C requirements, and the Project Teams follow the LEAN process improvement principles, including:
- Define the problem,
- Set CI goals,
- Identify the current state map (collect data as required),
- Define the ideal state map,
- Establish an implementation plan,
- Define what success looks like (including success measurements),
- Implement the plan,
- Measure and review results,
- Adjust as required, and