Part of our AoC3U-800 Series of rugged packaging solutions, the AoC3U-821 enables high slot count systems in a precision engineered chassis for 3U VPX and SOSA aligned plug in card payloads. As part of our AoC, air over conduction cooled ATR line, the 810 is designed to maintain safe operating temperatures for high power 3U VPX and SOSA aligned conduction cooled systems. The chassis combines forced air with conduction cooling to dramatically increase thermal management capacity while leveraging readily available VITA 48.2 plug in modules.
The design allows up to 10 backplane slots in an 8 +2 configuration (8 payload cards and 2 VITA 62 power supplies) or a 9 + 1 configuration. All LCR chassis are available with standard or custom backplanes developed in accordance with your application data flow requirements and can support 1000BASE-BX, 1000BASE-KX, 10GBASE-KX4, 10GBASE-KR, or 40GBASE-KR4 signal speeds as well as VITA 66 and 67 Optical and RF apertures.
A removable drive bay provides high capacity multi-terabyte storage capability for high speed mission data collection and other uses. The extensible design allows upper and lower expansion modules for internal cable routing, thermal enhancements or drive bays.
Custom I/O panels may include the layout and connector options necessary to suit the high speed copper, RF and optical I/O as well as lower speed signals for your application.
The AoC3U-821 reflects design practices in use across the LCR family of proven ATR chassis designed to meet a range of MIL-STD-810, MILSTD-461, and MIL-S-901D.
Also consider LCR for system integration services and environmental testing.Download PDF Datasheet Download Brochure
- Custom topologies supporting VPX and SOSA aligned payload module profiles
- Support for 1000BASE-BX, 1000BASE-KX, 10GBASE-KX4, 10GBASE-KR, or 40GBASE-KR4
- Up to 8 plus 2 PSU slots with VITA 66 and 67 Optical and RF support
- VPX and SOSA aligned slot support
- Conduction cooled with forced air assist
- Cooling for aggregate payload power approaching 700W
- Side walls form enclosed air chambers isolated from the modules
- Concentrated air flow runs co-planar to heat sink fins
- Dual VITA 62 pluggable power supply slots, up to 1500W
- MIL-STD-704E, MIL-STD-1275
- 10.35” (H), 7.5 (W) x 17″ (D) incl. handles and connectors
- Weight: Approximately 38lbs, no payload boards
- Application driven custom I/O panels with MIL-STD connectors
- VITA 48.2 conductive cooling with air assist
- Designed to meet a variety of MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-167 and MIL-S-901D methods
Read the article Bridging the Cooling Gap in High-Speed Embedded Systems
Watch the webinar Driving the Heat Out of Embedded Military Systems
Watch the webinar Solving Military Thermal-Management Challenges