600 Series VPX HPEC System
This HPEC ATR 3U OpenVPX system is intended for use in addressing demanding compute needs in rugged environments. The integrated board set includes 5 high-performance Intel Xeon processors providing approximately 2.688TFLOPs of computational power to meet the high bandwidth signal I/O requirements in today’s mission critical deployments. For applications requiring higher bandwidth, XMC expansion sites can add GPGPU capability to each processor that enable system performance to ramp up to over 5TFOPs of total computational power taking into consideration total heat dissipation.
Each SBC sub-system has Data and Control plane Ethernet connections to a 10/40 GigE switch with layer 2 and 3 management. The system maintains SOSA profile alignment for SBC upgrades that address future evolutionary technology requirements. The front panel can be configured to provide an ample I/O complement with Gigabit Ethernet Fiber or copper data interconnect availability via 38999 connectors.
The system leverages LCR’s 600 Series AoC3U-620 chassis for VITA 48.2 conduction cooled module and supports 6 payload slots and 2 VITA 62 power supplies. It is designed to accommodate best-in-class 3U CMOSS and SOSA aligned payloads to meet mission needs with minimal time to theater.
The 600 Series AoC3U-620 chassis reflects the design practices in use across the LCR family of proven ATR chassis designed to meet a range of military standards including MIL-STD-810, MILSTD-461, and MIL-S-901D.
Contact LCR to discuss your specific configurations requirements.
Also consider LCR for system integration services and environmental testing.
Browse our chassis line for a design that meets your needs.Download PDF Datasheet Download Chassis Brochure
- Custom topologies supporting VPX and SOSA aligned payload module profiles
- Support for 1000BASE-BX, 1000BASE-KX, 10GBASE-KX4, 10GBASE-KR, or 40GBASE-KR4
- 6 +2 slot custom backplanes for your payload set
- VPX and SOSA aligned slots may support VITA 66 and 67 Optical and RF I/O
- Conduction cooled with forced air assist or passive fanless configurations
- Cooling for aggregate payload power approaching 460W
- Side walls form enclosed air chambers isolated from the modules
- Concentrated air flow runs co-planar to heat sink fins
- Dual VITA 62 power supplies
- MIL-STD-704E, MIL-STD-1275
- Dimensions: 8.36” (H) x 7.42” (W) x 16.16” (D) including connectors and mounting plate
- Weight: approximately 28lbs including payload
- Application driven custom I/O panels with MIL-STD connectors
- VITA 48.2 conductive cooling with air assist
- Designed to meet a variety of MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-167 and MIL-S-901D methods
Read the article Bridging the Cooling Gap in High-Speed Embedded Systems
Watch the webinar Driving the Heat Out of Embedded Military Systems
Watch the webinar Solving Military Thermal-Management Challenges